Thursday, June 5, 2008

Family Crisis at 8 yrs.

"SUNSET" by Little Joyce

TODAY: Hey, been cleaning up my blog formats a lot today, fine tuning things. Thanks for coming back!

STORY: It was a warm summer day in the early 1960's and Mom sent me to the store for cigarettess and bread. I was about 8 years old and for some reason I was home alone with Mom and my baby sister who was barely staninding on her own two feet.

When I got back from the store, Mom was lying on the kitchen floor in some sort of fit or something. It was real scary. My baby sister was just crawling around the kitchen like babies do. I quickly picked her up and ran out the door. My best friend across the street was the first thing that came to mind. Her Mom would know what to do, I thought.

I ran as fast as I could across the street, crashed through the back door and told my friend's Mom what I saw. She immediately picked up the phone and made a call, put mys sister in the crib with her little one and pulled out 2 Popsicles out of the freezer. Back then, Popsicles solved a lot of problems didn't they?


As my friend and I sat in the yard with our Popsicles, wondering what was going on, her mom ran across the street before all the emergency vehicles came. As the Popsicles melted and time passed on, how was I to know that this morning would be the last time I would see my mom for 2 years! It certainly was the last time I saw her healthy.


SIX kids at home, mom in the hospital and Dad owning his own business and having to work many hours a day....now what? Find out more tomorrow...

No comments: